Our candidates are motivated professionals who are looking for career development. We delve into your needs to find the right opportunities to meet your goals. HHAI is your coach as you manage and develop your career.
We work closely with you to ensure that you have all of the tools and information you need to make the right decisions and impress your next employer. Here are some quick reminders when preparing your resume.
A resume is one of the most important tools available to a candidate. Organizations will use your resume in the screening process to select a preferred group to move forward to the interview stage. Your resume needs to communicate key information to secure an interview.
Here are some suggestions to help you in creating your resume:
- Keep the text clean, concise and easy to read.
- Include a career objective on the resume.
- Check for spelling and grammatical errors. Tip: read your resume backwards from the last word
to the first.
- Keep your resume to 2 pages (maximum 3) in length with minimum of 0.3” border to allow for
- Make the font size legible and resist colours and graphics because most people will print your resume using only black ink.
Your Resume Information:
- Always include your achievements.
- Ensure accurate timelines for employment history. If there are any gaps, you can explain them during your interview.
- Do not include your photograph, marital status, children (if any), citizenship, Date of Birth or SIN.
- Use a personal e-mail address, not one owned by your current employer.
The interview is the time for you to express the skills and interests that make you the perfect candidate for the job. HHAI will be there to coach you and provide guidance as you prepare for your interview.
- Test and re-test all video conferencing technical issues 1-2 days in advance.
- Be prepared to speak to your goals and objectives.
- Research the company and opportunity to be able to ask informed questions.
- Familiarize yourself with Behavioral Interviewing Techniques.
- Wear appropriate business attire for all interviews, even for Zoom/Teams interviews.
- Answer questions openly and directly – stay on topic.
- Don’t be late or more than 5 minutes early before an interview time.
- Remember to turn your cell phone off.