WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As a Candidate using the services of HHAI, you are asked to provide certain personal information in order for us to provide you with the best possible service. In addition to your contact details, your resume, and a description of the type of work you are looking for, your file may include the following:
- Our interview notes (which could include information volunteered by the Candidate).
- Information obtained through reference checks, including letters.
- Educational records.
- Testing results.
HHAI uses your information to:
- Understand your qualifications, needs and preferences.
- Find the best job opportunities that we hope will give you the job you are looking for.
- Fulfill our clients’ requests for information about Candidates.
- Provide you with appropriate career transition services.
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service Candidates and our clients.
HHAI does not collect more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes unless requested by the client and consented to by the Candidate.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO WHOM?
HHAI does not arbitrarily sell, trade or lease identifiable candidate information to third parties. Release of your information occurs only:
- where we have your consent; or
- to our suppliers or agents who assist us in serving you; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
By clicking on the “I accept box” or by submitting your resume to HHAI via any other means, you have given your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein as a result of you having read this policy or by using our services and providing us with your personal information. HHAI will obtain additional consent from you as a Candidate for additional information including appropriate references, as may be requested by our clients.
HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION RETAINED?
We retain your information until:
- You personally notify HHAI via e-mail to our Privacy Officer that you no longer wish our agency to retain your information,
- HHAI no longer requires your information for the purpose for which it was collected, or
- Longer if required by law.
HHAI will destroy information that is no longer required for these purposes.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
HHAI has technological and operational security policies and procedures in place to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. Our personnel who have access to the data have been trained to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
HHAI relies on the information provided by you, as well as third parties such as those providing references or educational institutions. By accepting this Policy you certify that any and all information that you provide to us is accurate and complete in respect to the job being sought.
Candidates are encouraged to update HHAI with any changes to their personal information by e-mailing the address below. It will be our pleasure to make the appropriate modifications.
You may at any time make a written request to our Privacy Officer for access to your personal information. We will provide you with a list of the personal information we have on file within 30 days of receipt of your request, and will supply copies on further request. An administrative charge may apply. HHAI will not be able to comply with the request for a justifiable reason, such as:
- Solicitor-client privilege
- Litigation privilege
- Security and ongoing fraud investigations
- Proprietary or trade secret information
- Sensitive medical information that could be obtained through other means
- Requests that would prove prohibitively costly to provide
- Requests that could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
The foregoing list is not exhaustive and other reasons may be considered justifiable.
Laura Beaton, Privacy Officer
Henry Hill & Associates Inc.
E-mail: [email protected]